Thursday, October 14, 2010

Interest in the Authentic Adam Smith Grows

The editor of Economic Affairs (iea) has accepted my article on Adam Smith and t is now being refereed. This good news for me - how well it is received by the readers is another matter. Several colleagues have written back having read the paper and have spoken well of it, which is gratifying. It took a lot of work, as reported earlier.

News of a large conference on Adam Smith in London around Nicholas Phillipson's excellent biography of Adam Smith has come in for the end of October. I would love to go but my family say its too far at present.

So it is back to correspondence, of which there has been much more recently, including a new contact in what was old Eastern Europe, and who feels very isolated as an expert scholar on Adam Smith. I shall try to ease his isolation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home