Monday, September 15, 2014

ANNOUNCEMENT

Lost Legacy Readers will have noticed that I have been somewhat sparse in my posts recently.  

I regret this lapse, which primarily is caused by two unavoidable contingences.

The first contingency is that I have been working on the preparity phases of drafting and writing a new book on Adam Smith and I am about to move to the drafting of chapters phase.  This for me is exciting as it shapes my vague ideas for my third Adam Smith book. 

I started on my latest Adam Smith book a couple of months ago, and this past month I experienced what I call the ‘discovery’ of my “authorial voice” phase, which usually emerges as I try various drafting of topics and experimental ‘chapter’ themes, some several pages long.   For me, once my “voice” stage is clarified, it energises the tone and format of the writing of the text.  

The second contingency is that serious writing is up against my physio’s mandatory health regime - if stroke patients do not work at recovery of brain-muscle co-ordination, their physical decline continues. In my case, considerations of balance and too early fatigue is tackled by not sitting around at my desk for hours but of active exercise, particularly in the form of a regular target-exercise regime: twice-daily, 50 minute walks in the neighbourhood, supervised by my MapWalk app, and regular, short 15-minute walks throughout my house, circa every 50 minutes.

However, I am now going to schedule-in attention to Lost Legacy, primarily because I cannot help reading useable material daily that I wish to comment upon, from Loony Tunes materials, through to more serious travesties of injustice to Adam Smith’s legacy. I have also noticed what I think is a slightly increasing number of contributions from scholarly figures across the Net who express positive endorsements of authentic ideas of Adam Smith, quite independent of my views.  I wish to comment on these and spread the contact details when they occur.

The exercise regime shall continue. But my book will take longer, plus my co-respondence, refereeing and reviewing obligations. As these latter are usually about Adam Smith, they remain a pleasure, whatever their authors' views on Adam Smith


Gavin Kennedy

1 Comments:

Blogger airth10 said...

A thumbs up to you in your struggle!

6:25 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home